To Buy A Laser Fiber Machine Or Not To Buy A Laser Fiber Machine?
If you’re in the metal cutting industry, you probably heard of fiber laser cutting machines. And, you probably have seen how expensive they can be. They can range from 50,000 and up to a million. Yes, they are super expensive. But, the real question you should be asking is: can they actually help my business and make me more money over the long run?
See, many people fall into the trap of only looking into the short term or the today/now. But this trap, which is set up by your own mind, can end up hurting you in the long run. Henry Ford (inventor of the automobile manufacturing) said: “If you need a machine and don’t buy it, then you will ultimately find that you have paid for it and don’t have it”. A fiber laser cutting machine can seem like a lot today, but in the long run it can be a money making beauty.
At first, things can seem super expensive that we won’t consider ever buying them. But in life, the biggest rewards don’t usually come now or fast. Big rewards usually come later on in the future. But big rewards will only come if you invest in something now. In other words, you must be willing to give up some money now to get something bigger later. If you don’t, you’ll end up being in the same place and doing the same things over and over. This is what many businesses do, and it’s the reasons why many businesses end up failing. So, if you ever have the opportunity to invest in something that will really help you out in the future, then you should take it.
Investing in something expensive comes with huge risk off course. So doing some research to minimize all the potential risk and maximize the potential benefits is the way to go. In the following section I added a list of questions that you can look at to make sure you’re making a wise investment. Make sure you read through them carefully. Who knows. Perhaps you end up buying a laser machine that will multiply your production and profit in the long run. Or, you’ll avoid a huge mistake that can cost you a lot of money. Either way, these questions will provide some insight into your business and what it needs.
Questions All Metal Fabricators Should Constantly Ask Themselves
The number one reason you should buy a fiber laser cutting machine is because it can speed up your production and save you time. That’s pretty much it. And don’t we all know time is money?
There are other tools that can do the things fiber laser cutting machines can. But can they do them as fast and accurate as laser? Maybe some tools can do them cut metal as accurate (like a waterjet cutter), but probably not as fast.
So in order to see if a laser cutting machine will benefit, you really need to dive deep into how you handle your metal cutting production requirements.
You might see that if you dive deep enough, you will see great opportunity to save time and make more money.
Here are some questions you need to ask yourself to see if a fiber laser cutting machine will be beneficial to your business.
Think deep about these questions. They can open up gates of opportunity for your business:
- How much money do I pay in labor? Can buying a laser cutting machine cut my labor cost or take away the need of hiring more people for my business?
- Am I paying someone else to do the jobs for me (outsourcing)? How much am I paying? If a laser cutting machine can do these metal cutting jobs for me, how much money will I save? (Think about this: If you do enough metal cutting jobs on your own laser cutting machine, one day you’ll end up paying for the machine you paid with the money you made. Then everything from then on is $$$).
- How much do I spend on finishing my metal cuts? How much time and money I spend scraping, sanding, grinding, etc.? Will a fiber laser cutter save me time eliminating these processes?
- Do I make many costly mistakes cutting metal with certain tools? How much money will I save if I’m able to always cut what I want perfectly without making any errors?
- Can I increase my production time with a laser cutting machine? What can I do if I’m able to cut metal 3x or faster?
- How fast can I do a job for a customer? Will having a laser cutting machine help me do customer’s jobs faster which in turn will make them happier with our service?
- Can I make more money with a fiber laser machine? Can I take on more customers if I get a fiber laser cutting machine?
- Will my production increase in the future? Will I be able to handle it with the tools I am using right now?
- Will getting a laser cutting machine take away the stress and give me more time to do other things I need or want to do? Will a laser cutting machine send me home to my family earlier or give me more time to market my products?
- Will buying a fiber laser cutting machine be able to provide products/services I couldn’t do before for my customers? Can I do new things for my customers that will help me make more money?
- Are my competitors doing their job better because of the tools they have that I don’t have (like a fiber laser cutting machine)? If I get this fiber laser cutting machine, will I be able to provide as good or even better service than my competitors?
- 5 years from now, will my workshop be better off
Think about the future of your business. Remember, your business depends on what happens everyday, not just on what happens today. So if you want to stay ahead and not fall behind, then it’s time to start considering up to date technology that can help your business succeed.
Thank you for reading. By the way, if you have any questions or concerns about fiber laser machines and what you need to know when getting one, don’t hesitate to contact our laser machine company Senfeng. We are all over the world, including here locally in the US (where I’m at). We can provide you laser cutting machines at a great price (much lower than a lot of our expensive competitors) and they still do a great job at cutting metal accurately and fast. Plus, we promise we will do our best to be there for every concern and problem you might get along the way. Once again, thank you for reading. This is William from Senfeng lasers and I hope you have a great day!
(This post is still being updated, so come back for more whenever you’re ready!)